- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion – chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 10 -15 tomatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons basil, minced (optional)
- Heat the oil and add the onion.
- Sauté until translucent.
- Add the garlic and curry spice and cook till onion is soft.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer to cook for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with the salt, pepper and sugar and stir in the herbs.
- Cook till reduced and thick.