- Oil for frying
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 chillies, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons mild curry powder
- 1/2 green, red and yellow pepper, diced
- 4 carrots, grated
- 1 tomato, grated
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 can baked beans
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onion until soft and translucent.
- Add chillies, ginger, garlic and curry powder and stir to combine.
- Add the peppers and cook for another 2 mins
- Add the carrots and stir to coat in the curry and fry on a low heat till carrots are cooked
- Add the tomatoes and sugar.
- Season with Salt and pepper. Cook to thicken for 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in the baked beans. Serve hot or cold